Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home4/net13/public_html/talk-torque.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home4/net13/public_html/talk-torque.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Talk-Torque.com • View topic - Sunbeam Stiletto Project taken a change of route.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Sunbeam Stiletto Project taken a change of route.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:33 pm 

Out today 8 page feature !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:17 am 
Talk Torque Management

Congrats Graham.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:31 am 

Stiletto now has a firewall between the engine and driver :)
Also a beefed up gear linkage and vented lexan side windows.
EBC greenstuff pads fitted.

Re did the battery leads with two kill switches in the circuit now.

I did start it up the other day, and it ran rougher than a badgers arse !
Think a bottle of carb cleaner and a run out is required....

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:22 pm 

Just a small update really.

Car passed its MOT again, all my winter job list was completed and its running well.
Much nicer to drive with the firewall.

I also won letter of the week In Autocar mag last month as they were asking if you had ever come across a car you had previously owned,
£60 worth of cleaning goodies arrived :D

I wrote back to say thank you with a picture of the car at the MOT station.
Thats in this weeks Autocar magazine !
I think they like it Lol.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:14 pm 

Been pretty dead on here recently, so I thought I would update the Stiletto thread.

Cars not been out much, but its coming home for the winter.
I want to put the FRP away, but my mates can't make room for the Puma and Stiletto. As the Stiletto is smaller and free road tax I may as well bring it home and use it.

Ive taken about 40Kg out the car recently with firbe glass panels and seat, which was 12.5kg lightER on its own !
Its a bit "snug" but I do fit

X member also very thin fibreglass now.

I do have a problem with my Lexan firewall. It reflects whats in front of me, so looks like a car is passing me when I look in the mirror. Not nice at all.
Solved that by ditching the mirror and fitting a 7" video screen hooked up to a small camera in the cranking handle hole in the x member. Works really well.

Going to take the car over to Combe on Friday for a drive out. A trackday on with some Imps there I believe.

Lastly, I bought a kawasaki GPZ900R set of clocks and butchered them for the tacho.
Then mounted it in a 4" spot light body.
Works really well and gives a true rev reading.
Engine is revving to 10k very easily

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:05 am 

Took the Stiletto down for its MOT yesterday.
I had got a bit disheartened with it always giving me problems when ever I took it out.
But after finding out why it used to miss fire and loose performance when it was hot ( ignition pick up on coil 2 breaking down) I was optimistic.
I've also replaced the tired rear dampers with adjustable AVO ones and serviced the rack with new gaiter and set it up nicely.

Doesn't it look small beside a "normal" car..

What can I say...All the performance I can handle :D
I had the back end loosing traction on the Farmers roundabout ! revving cleanly through to 10K plus. MOT passed with flying colours, tester asked if he could borrow it for a weekend.

New lightweight seat, boot and cross member make a difference, as has the stone + I have lost on my new healthy eating.
I tweaked the wheel nuts the other day and lifted it off the ground :lol: Light enough I think..

Put the GoPro in it last night and was going to go and have a bit of fun with it.
Bloody thing wouldn't start ! Got a bad power connection or earth point.
I will have a look later with a meter. :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:26 pm 

Stiletto is running fine now. It was at Forge Action day and I "played" with a Skyline leaving :lol: Quick enough to out accelerate him !
I really need to get the suspension set up to my liking, as its goes sideways very easily.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8