Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home4/net13/public_html/talk-torque.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home4/net13/public_html/talk-torque.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home4/net13/public_html/talk-torque.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home4/net13/public_html/talk-torque.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Talk-Torque.com • View topic - Rolling Road's localy.
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rolling Road's localy.
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:56 pm 

Does anyone know if Mtec Automotive (Westbury) are any good?
Or another local Rolling Road?

I want to put the Puma on a rolling road, just to check its not running rich or lean etc before it's used for long periods with the NOS.
Last thing I want is the floor falling off :lol:
Someone recommended Interpro at Thornbury as they fit NOS systems.
But if Mtec are any good I can't see the point of driving there when I have a RR much closer.

Post subject: Re: Rolling Road's localy.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:15 pm 

Read a terrible write up on a Forum about Interpro :(
Also heard Mtec Automotive are not the best in the world.
Waiting for Circuit Motors at Combe to get back to me.
Any other locally anyone can think of?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:30 pm 
Talk Torque Management

Would love to be able to advise but I have only ever used the ones Sandy maps on down in Cornwall.

I believe Matt has used Circuit Motors before when sorting out his old carb'd 205.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:52 pm 

I have spoken to Slark engineering in Amesbury today, he said the problem with NOS on a rolling road is that the power curve is vertical when the NOS come in and its hard to get a reading accurately.

Circuit Motors don't seem keen to run a car with NOS.

Mtec Automotive will run the car for £54 and the chap who does it has had NOS in his car.
I may just bite the bullet and let them do it.
Not too far to "Walk" to Neil's for a coffee if it all goes horribly wrong [-o<
I just need to check its not running lean or rich.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:49 pm 
Talk Torque Management

Yes I used circuit motors, they were spot on for carbs and a dizzy but not sure how good the are with modern electronic wizardry.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:14 am 
Talk Torque Management

Dogsbody wrote:
I have spoken to Slark engineering in Amesbury today, he said the problem with NOS on a rolling road is that the power curve is vertical when the NOS come in and its hard to get a reading accurately.

Circuit Motors don't seem keen to run a car with NOS.

Mtec Automotive will run the car for £54 and the chap who does it has had NOS in his car.
I may just bite the bullet and let them do it.
Not too far to "Walk" to Neil's for a coffee if it all goes horribly wrong [-o<
I just need to check its not running lean or rich.

I will keep an ear to the ground and await the "BANG" .........

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:58 pm 

Mr yella wrote:

I will keep an ear to the ground and await the "BANG" .........

Thanks for that....
It least I will be able to dull the pain with laughing gas if it does :lol:

Was going to pop down to Tim Blakemoore racing in Kingswood for some gas on Friday.
http://www.timblakemoreracing.co.uk/nitrous.html
Depends if I can leave our new puppy on his own.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:33 pm 

All change again #-o
Circuit motors phoned this afternoon, they have no issues with a car running NOS and know the NOS supplier well.
So they will be doing the check on the RR on the 28th or 29th, depending on Gas.
£40 odd Quid :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:26 pm 

Circuit Motors did the deed today.
Running slightly rich with the gas on, which I don't mind.
Standard the FRP's were listed as 153 BHP, and as mine is standard except for a K&N panel filter and has 80K + miles on.
I wasn't holding out much hope of even mid 140's [-o<
159.7 BHP with out the gas'
198.8 BHP with :D

Paul, the operator was well impressed.
You can see the chart climbs quite steeply when the gas come in.

Roll on Classic action day :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:22 pm 
Talk Torque Management

Banging on the door of 160 you must be well pleased 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:49 pm 

Mr yella wrote:
Banging on the door of 160 you must be well pleased 8)

Very Very happy :D
The FRP's power range is about 150 bhp to one at 159, so for a high miler it very good.
We did have a bit of a mishap with the NOS the first run with it.
the TPS is playing up, so as soon as its armed, its on. I don't think he was at full throttle when he turned it on.
There was a bang and the air box exploded. #-o Second run at full throttle was fine.
I have just ordered a K&N cone filter, which I suspect will give a couple of BHP taking up to the magic 200 [-o<

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:31 pm 
Talk Torque Management

Good results, hope you enjoyed the nervous experience of the mapping session?!

How is the power delivery? Bit like a sort of turbo lag?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:40 am 

Wasn't mapping, just a check on the mixture etc. Wanted to know my calculations were right.
I was aiming for 40 bhp, and got 39 :D
Goes slightly rich as the NOS kicks in before stabilising AFR at about 13.5
I've not used it yet on the road...
The throttle position activation switch is knackered and I want everything "right" before using it properly.
I've ordered a new one from the Wizards of NOS which should be here by the weekend.
I also have a progressive controller as the power was coming in very quickly, I've set that so I get 20 bhp instantly and the other 20 over 2 seconds.
Paul who was running the car up on the rollers, just said it was very impressive when the NOS came in as the power curve climbed so steeply and he could feel the extra power kick in.
First proper use will be the action day on the 30th. I'm intending to do one session as a tester for RS day.

Bring your crash helmet Alan, you gave me a ride in your green beasty. I will repay you for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:30 pm 
Talk Torque Management

Cool, cheers :) I'll be sure to pack the lid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:21 pm 

Just for you Graham :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZZ60jrw6cg

Don't push down too hard on the passenger floor Dixon!